Monday, May 16, 2005

Well it's not June yet, but it sure is coming quick. I thought I’d post a little update and give the journal a little test run before the big trip.

Today was the 2-week mark for my flight out to the Pacific. Two weeks from now I'll be in Oregon preparing to begin the much-anticipated journey across the country. Hard to believe. I truly can't believe how quickly these past few months have flown by; it almost sounds surreal, 2 weeks left...

Fortunately, I’m feeling good with the way things are set up. I think I have a handle on all that needs to be accomplished and lined up in the short time I have left. Oddly enough, I take comfort in knowing I’m pretty much venturing into the unknown, that I have no way of predicting the twists and turns that will occur while I’m out there. Not only is that aspect of the trip strangely appealing to me, it also allows me to step back and realize there's no way to safeguard every detail of the trip.

I want to thank everybody again for all the love and support I’ve received in preparing for this. Knowing I have a strong support system behind me has made it a lot easier to overcome the small hurdles that have come and gone, and I know there are many more to come; hurdles the size of mountains - literally…

Sadly, the server through which the 4Pedals guest book is operating crashed sometime today and all entries were lost. But I thank all you who left such kind notes of encouragement. Feel free to leave another to replace the one that was lost.

Once I get rolling, I hope to include pictures of the trip here to accompany the chronicles of the cross-country trek. Again, as a little test run of this journal and it’s capabilities, here are a few pictures from some rides around Richmond I have been doing in preparation for trip.

Hope you enjoy…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home