Thursday, July 07, 2005

Day 36

July 6, 2005

The much anticipated off day! It was good, it still is good.

I got up and went to breakfast with Heather, Jackson, Kaitlyn, and Andy before they all took off. It was nice to spend a little more time with the four of them before they all split. Hopefully, I’ll be seeing Kaitlyn and Andy again in the short days to come. Andy’s going all the way to VA Beach as well and I told him he’d have a place to crash and possibly even a free ride up to DC where he’s flying out of to go back to London. So I’m sure I’ll see them again.

I said goodbye to Heather and Jackson, and went on a hunt for internet access. The library was tiny and only had two computers online. I ended up checking into this little motel to set up shop and get stuff done for the day.

It’s a decent place, but there’s no AC, the phone lines were down until 5 o’clock, and the manager was in and out of my room sporadically trying to fix the phones. At one point when she was testing the phone, she had her three-year-old little girl with her on her arm. The little girl, spotting me with my shirt off, called out, “Naked Baby…” It was pretty funny. The mother explained how the little girl likes to run around the house with her shirt off and yell “Naked Baby” as she completes her laps.

Now I’m tired and headed to bed. The plan is to get back on the road and head to Kremmling tomorrow. I’ll let you know what happens…

Unfortunately no pictures today, the camera enjoyed an off day as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home