Saturday, July 09, 2005

Day 38

July 8, 2005

Another day has come and gone. This day was filled with a lot of resting and stillness.

I got up at 5:30 to have breakfast with the Dutch couple and kind Lytles in their warm RV. Mrs. Lytle had the coffee ready and the pancakes not too far behind when we arrived to enjoy the jumpstart to our day. We had a great time of enjoying each other’s company in the short time. After we filled up, we thanked the Lytles again for their gracious generosity and said goodbye to each other as Paul and Anne continued their trek westward.

I had planned on enjoying breakfast and then going back to bed, but all the coffee I drank forced me to come up with an alternate plan. I gathered my dirty laundry, went into town to get some cash, came back and ran a load of wash. I played around emailing and such while the laundry finished, then fell asleep for a nap.

I woke up from the nap around 11:30, drenched in sweat. It was incredibly hot. This morning when we woke up it was around 34 degrees, this afternoon when I went to get my early dinner it was 95, honestly. I’ve never experienced such a drastic shift in temperature before.

This morning when I went into town I checked the park where the guys were staying and saw they weren’t there and figured they had already headed out. After dinner I decided to check out the cyclist campsite behind the old fire station and see if there were any new cyclists. I heard people talking and found the four guys were still there. I ended up hanging out with them for an hour or so and heading back to the RV park.

And that’s pretty much how my latest off day went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home