Monday, July 18, 2005

Day 47

July 17, 2005

Today I survived 40 miles worth of a headwind to make it to Limon. The physical act of the ride wasn’t bad at all. Like any hill, you just find your rhythm against the posed force and settle in. It was the fact that I was, at times, averaging 7 miles an hour that drove me crazy.

When you see come across a sign for a town 8 miles away, and arrive at that town an hour later – that can put a bit of a damper on things. When I finally got to Limon I was mentally exhausted. It felt so good to simply arrive. I pulled into an Arby’s for a tasty roast beef sandwich and called some family in Hotlanta.

After my early dinner, I found a little spot to crash for the night. I intended on updating the journal, but put it off for the next day.

Besides the boring gas-station breakfast that morning, that was how Day 47 went.

Today: 39.87 Total: 2,088.56

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home